May 10, 2010

May 6-9: Awesome Headband and Not Much Else (Does One Need More?)

Did you miss me? Blogging every day is harder than it sounds. I'll try to be better at it for the rest of May, though. On Thursday I was at Target Field for several hours, hauling boxes of t-shirts and greeting folks who got free tickets for a Minnesota Idea Open event. I'm going to say the lifting/pushing of boxes counts as movement, particularly since I was wearing this awesome sweatband while doing it:

I'm not sure what conveys, "I mean serious business"
more: my expression in this photo or the headband.

Friday and Saturday didn't involve any particularly interesting movements to speak of. Sunday I got back into the swing of things with a little off-roading. There's a mysterious unpaved path that juts off from my normal walking route, and I decided to explore. I didn't know where it lead, but it ended up winding through beautiful forest area, up and down some hills. I think it actually led me close to @nerdofnoir's backyard before spitting me back out onto the main road. I didn't see a single soul on this alternative path, and found some good secluded spots for forest reading. I should see if Mr. Noir wants to do some forest reading with me sometime.

The Verdict: Secluded forests bring happiness, as do headbands. Maybe if I'm feeling especially awesome I'll have to combine the two someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment