May 4, 2010

May 4: My Milkshake

Ok, I'll admit up front I wasn't feeling the movement thing today. But sometimes good movement ideas are inspired by acts of daily life, and that's what happened tonight. It you've ever bought real, unhomogenized milk, you know it comes with a "cream top" that must be dislodged before the milk can be poured. You can either scoop it out with a utensil or your finger, or...you can sh-sh-sh-sh-shake the whole bottle, which helps distribute the milk fat. I went for the latter, and I went for it with gusto. At first it was just my arms doing the moving, but soon the rest of my body joined in: I swiveled, I spun, and as soon as I realized what I was doing (shaking milk), this song came in my head:



I was left with a wonderfully frothy, creamy drink. It was good, and I had done my moving for the day.


The Verdict: Kitchen aerobics should become a legitimate sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment